The Hazel Mackin Community Library is hiring a part time library aide. This position will work roughly 10-15 hours a week and have a starting wage of $12/hr. Hours will include evenings and weekends.
Examples of Duties
- Provides direct and welcoming high-quality customer service to customers of all ages at the public service desk.
- Accurately checks items in/out and shelves library materials.
- Responsible for library card registration and inputting data.
- Places requests for books and information.
- Ability to provide ready reference and reader’s advisory.
- Assists patrons with computers and other technology.
- Ability to learn library software.
- Responsible for learning and applying HMCL policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate records and cash handling.
- Ability to work office and library equipment.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pervious library experience or other customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with the public in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Work involves frequent moving of library materials up to 10 pounds with occasional moving of materials up to 50 pounds and moving of loaded carts.
- Work includes frequently sitting or standing and frequently moving around the library. Bending, squatting, and reaching motions are frequently required.
- Visual demands require frequently viewing a computer monitor and reading documents and labels.
- Hearing demands require frequently listening to patrons on the telephone.
To apply, email your resume and references to Library Director, Tori Schoess, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023