The Hazel Mackin Community Library is hiring a part time library aide. This position will work roughly 15 hours a week and have a starting wage of $10-12/hr. Hours will include evenings and weekends.
Examples of Duties
• Provides direct and welcoming high-quality customer service to customers of all ages at the public service desk.
• Accurately checks items in/out and shelves library materials.
• Responsible for library card registration and inputting data.
• Places requests for books and information.
• Ability to provide ready reference and reader’s advisory.
• Assists patrons with computers and other technology.
• Ability to learn library software.
• Responsible for learning and applying HMCL policies and procedures.
• Maintains accurate records and cash handling.
• Ability to work office and library equipment.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, and supervisors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Pervious library experience or other customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with the public in a pleasant, professional manner.
• Proficiency with computers.
• Work involves frequent moving of library materials up to 10 pounds with occasional moving of materials up to 50 pounds and moving of loaded carts.
• Work includes frequently sitting or standing and frequently moving around the library. Bending, squatting, and reaching motions are frequently required.
• Visual demands require frequently viewing a computer monitor and reading documents and labels.
• Hearing demands require frequently listening to patrons on the telephone.
To apply, email your resume and references to Library Director, Tori Schoess, at email@example.com by 8/27/21
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023