Summer Reading Program 2021
June 7th-August 4th
Record your reading times in person or online!
For more information about the program and how to participate, click here.
Coffee & Cookies
Fridays, 10-12 PM
Currently Meeting via Zoom due to COVID-19
Contact the library for Zoom meeting information.
Drop in for games, conversation, coffee & treats! No registration necessary. We hope to see you, soon.
A Novel Idea Bookclub
Last Monday of the month, 6 PM
Meeting Location TBA
Join a fun group for lively discussion and appetizers.
NEXT MEETING: Monday, June 28th, 5:30-7:00pm, Book discussion starts at 6:00pm.
Book: “The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules” by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
Drop in at the library to pick up a copy of the book. We hope to see you there!
Job Seeking Assistance
3rd Wed. of the month, 10-12 PM
Check Calendar for next date
On site assistance is currently on hiatus due to COVID-19, if you require help please contact the library so we can get you in touch with an expert.
Job Center of Wisconsin will help guide you with all aspects of a job search including preparing a resume, practicing interviewing skills and more. No registration necessary.
Transparent Languages Online
Want to learn or practice Spanish, French, Italian, and other languages through this proven language system, with vocabulary and grammar apps and more! This system is free to all MORE system patrons, so you can start learning today!
There are an enormous amount of languages to choose from! The system includes these features:
- Core Skills Building Activities for listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Practice Activities work for gaining fluency
- Smart Insight and Review Chart that tracks what you have learned
- Enhanced Capabilities optimized for touchscreen use on iPads® and Android™ tablets, Transparent Language Online works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
Online Learning & Research Resources
At your fingertips, you will find a wide range of excellent resources for preparing for jobs, expanding your knowledge base, choosing a career, and other resources.
Here are some that are of great use for studying:
- Health, Wellness, and Medical Resources
- Business Resources:
- Business Source PremierBL
- Regional Business NewsBL
- News (AP, UPI, etc.)BL
- LearningExpress LibraryBL This online center provides
- how to improve your core subjects, including math, English, writing, social studies, technology, science, logic, study, and other academic skills
- how to gain your GED or high school equivalency
- how to prepare for college with ACT, SAT, and other college-bound tests;
- how to choose and prepare for varied careers
how to learn in English classes if your first language is Spanish: Recursos Para Hispanohablantes–Herramientas de aprendizaje, carrera y ciudadania en Español
- Grant-Writing Resources
- Nonprofit Grant-Providing Foundations in Wisconsin (In-Library Use Only)
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023