A Novel Idea Bookclub
Last Monday of the month (moved for Dec. due to holidays), 5:30 PM
Library Community Room
Join a fun group for lively discussion and appetizers.
NEXT MEETING: Monday, January 31st, 5:30-7:00pm, Book discussion starts at 6:00pm.
Book: “Educated” by Christina Lauren
Drop in at the library to pick up a copy of the book. We hope to see you there!
Lois Hall Memorial Coffee & Cookies
Fridays, 10-12 PM
Drop in for games, conversation, coffee & treats! No registration necessary. We hope to see you, soon.
St. Croix County Traveling Book Club
3rd Tues. of the month, 6:30 PM (optional dinner @ 6 pm)
Meets at various local eateries
Back by popular demand!
Join an enthusiastic group of book lovers every 3rd Tuesday of the month from September-May
(no meeting in Dec).
Each evening will be hosted by a different St. Croix County library at an area restaurant.
Arrive for an optional dinner at 6:00, or just swing by at 6:30 to join the lively discussion.
For more information call or stop by the library’s front desk.
Job Seeking Assistance
3rd Wed. of the month, 10-12 PM
Check Calendar for next date
Job Center of Wisconsin will help guide you with all aspects of a job search including preparing a resume, practicing interviewing skills and more. No registration necessary.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 1-2 PM
Join us for a video-led, low-stress, chair workout using light hand weights. No registration needed.
2nd Tuesday of the month, 6-7:00 pm
Check Calendar for next date
Would you like help with your laptop, smartphone, e-reader or tablet? Want to try Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter? Then this is the free service for you! Call the library at 715-749-3849 to reserve your 1/2 hour time slot with our tech guru.
Crocheters & Knitters
Thursdays 2:15-5 PM
Bring your own projects and supplies. All skill levels welcome. No registration necessary.
Transparent Languages Online
Want to learn or practice Spanish, French, Italian, and other languages through this proven language system, with vocabulary and grammar apps and more! This system is free to all MORE system patrons, so you can start learning today!
There are an enormous amount of languages to choose from! The system includes these features:
- Core Skills Building Activities for listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Practice Activities work for gaining fluency
- Smart Insight and Review Chart that tracks what you have learned
- Enhanced Capabilities optimized for touchscreen use on iPads® and Android™ tablets, Transparent Language Online works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
Online Learning & Research Resources
At your fingertips, you will find a wide range of excellent resources for preparing for jobs, expanding your knowledge base, choosing a career, and other resources.
Here are some that are of great use for studying:
- Health, Wellness, and Medical Resources
- Business Resources:
- Business Source PremierBL
- Regional Business NewsBL
- News (AP, UPI, etc.)BL
- LearningExpress LibraryBL This online center provides
- how to improve your core subjects, including math, English, writing, social studies, technology, science, logic, study, and other academic skills
- how to gain your GED or high school equivalency
- how to prepare for college with ACT, SAT, and other college-bound tests;
- how to choose and prepare for varied careers
how to learn in English classes if your first language is Spanish: Recursos Para Hispanohablantes–Herramientas de aprendizaje, carrera y ciudadania en Español
- Grant-Writing Resources
- Nonprofit Grant-Providing Foundations in Wisconsin (In-Library Use Only)
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023