Virtual Summer Reading Program 2021
Summer Reading Challenge: Paper Log
How to Register:
This year, you can track your reading either in person/on paper, or virtually through Beanstack! If you decided to log online, do not register in person and vice versa.
Either method will earn you prizes and count towards our community’s reading minutes.
To register to log in person, come into the library (we’re open regular, pre-Covid hours starting June 1st!). To keep track online, follow the instructions on the right to log into Beanstack.
Summer Reading Activities:
Every week, we will have new crafts and family activity kits available for you to take home and work on together, with all supplies needed for the activities included.
Ms. Brittany will also have outdoor story times, weather permitting, each Wednesday at 10:30am starting June 9th.
Drawer prizes will still be earned for every 2 or 5 hours of reading, though collecting them will look a bit different this year. If you’ve earned a drawer prize bring your reading log to the circulation desk and talk to a librarian (if logging online via Beanstack, just give the librarian your name so they can look up your reading log).
The more items you check out, the more tickets you can earn to put towards a chance to win a bigger prize at the end of the summer!
Every week check out Page Turner Adventures (found on the right of this page) for fun interactive videos and other activities for the kids!
Virtual Reading Challenge: Beanstack
June 7 – August 4, 2021
Register for the program (in fact, you’ll earn a badge just for registering), but nothing you log will count towards the program until June 7.
Track your reading minutes online using the Beanstack app or website.
How to Register:
To register or login to our Virtual Summer Reading Program, click here.
Scroll down on the page and hit the button that says “Register an Individual or Family”
Follow the on screen prompts to register yourself as the Account Creator and any family members you want on the same account as Readers
- Think of the Account Creator as the person holding the folder with all of the SRP information and Readers as everyone who has a reading log
- Children are allowed to have their own accounts/be their own Account Creator, but you might find it easier to have the whole family under one account
Once you’ve registered for the program, all you’ll need to do next time is sign in, the button for which can be found in the top right corner of the webpage.
There is also a mobile app: search for Beanstack in the iTunes or Google store. Once you’ve downloaded the app, search for the Hazel Mackin Community Library and follow the on screen prompts
Once you’ve registered, take a look at the various virtual badges you can earn for reading and other activities.
June 7th – July 30th, 8 weeks of shows and activities
Featuring comedy theater, crafts, games, author visits, special guests, and more.
Each week includes…
- Show Day: We present an original, interactive show that’s sure to engage kids.
- Craft Day: Simple, fun crafts that inspire creativity.
- Author/ Illustrator Day: Short interviews with some of the best creators working in kidlit.
- Mashup Day: Recipes, games, bonus crafts, and other fun stuff that didn’t fit in the other days.
- Special Guest/Field Trip Day: We virtually visit some amazing places and people including mini-shows from other fantastic performers.
Password is: summer2021
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023