Temporary Operating Hours and Other Changes in Wake of COVID-19
New Temporary Hours:
Starting 7/20/20 all library patrons are required to wear masks while in the library.
Other Temporary Changes:
- In compliance with CDC recommendations, St. Croix County Health guidelines, and Wisconsin State Library Statutes, starting 7/20/20, per the Roberts Library Board “With the exception of those who are medically unable, all library patrons ages 3 and up are required to wear a face mask until further notice“ (updated 7/17/20). If you have questions please contact the library board.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Public restrooms will be unavailable, as the library does not have the staff required to clean after each use as recommended by the Public Health Department.
- Please obey social distancing rules and keep six feet between you and anyone not of your household. If you are able, please limit the number of people in your family you bring to the library at this time.
- The children’s area will be closed; you will still be able to browse for books in that area but there will be no toys or games out in the library; because of this, and limits on the amount of people allowed in the building, we ask that you leave small children at home whenever possible.
- Material returns will be available in the outside book drop only; library staff is unable to take returns by hand at this time. Materials will be quarantined for four days before they are checked in. This is an increase based on new information provided by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. More information can be found here (updated 7/31/20).
- To aid in social distancing there will be fewer public computers; when you are done with a computer, please let staff know so we can clean the area. Wi-Fi will still be available in the parking lot and front of the building
- Meeting rooms will be closed to the public.
- All library programs, including the annual summer reading program, will be virtual.
- While the library printer will be available for patron use, staff assistance will be required.
Everything is subject to change depending on COVID-19 cases in the county, staff health, and people’s ability to follow these guidelines.
Curbside pick will be available for limited hours when the library is closed to the public. For information on how curbside pick up works, click here.
Information on COVID-19 testing sites, unemployment and finanical help, and current library operations
M, T, W, F 10-2
Hazel Mackin Community Library
311 W. Warren st.
P.o. Box 88
Roberts, WI 54023